Dolomites summer holidays at Hotel Markushof
Hiking in the Dolomites and more
Your Dolomites summer holidays start in the village of Olang-Valdaora in Pustertal-Val Pusteria, at the foot of Kronplatz-Plan de Corones. It is a very popular starting-point for hiking in the Dolomites. As our guest at Hotel Markushof, you benefit from our many years of experience as a hiking hotel. Those who prefer something easier can find some lovely walks in and around the holiday village of Valdaora and Val Pusteria and enjoy the stunning backdrop of the Dolomites.
Start from Markushof and discover the Dolomites
Hiking in the Dolomites – this is the most beautiful way to spend a holiday in South Tyrol for many of our guests. Situated at the foot of Plan de Corones, the hiking hotel of Hotel Markushof is the ideal starting-point for this activity.
Starting with easy walks in the village of Valdaora and Val Pusteria, moving on to energetic hiking with hiking boots and backpack up to challenging climbing or trekking in the Dolomites – everything is possible here. As a hiking hotel we provide you with tips, hiking maps and everything you need while hiking in the Dolomites during your Dolomites summer holidays at Hotel Markushof. Mountains, valleys and lakes – every day brings new impressions and magnificent panoramas. For example, experience the unforgettable silhouette of the Tre Cime of Lavaredo or the deep blue-green of Lake Braies, the starting-point of the Dolomites ‘Alta Via’ No. 1. In the nearby Fanes – Sennes – Prags and Vedrette di Ries-Aurina natural parks, the local flora and fauna are put under nature-protection. Waterfalls, mountain streams and lakes offer a wealth of scenic highlights. Eagles, marmots and chamois find their natural habitat here.
The Alpine and mountain huts in the region offer plenty of opportunities for a break amidst the magnificent scenery of the Dolomites.
At Hotel Markushof we have all key information you need – e.g. bus, train and cable car connections as well as advice on the condition of the paths and the challenges to your fitness levels.
Local guided tours are also available.
Cycling and mountain biking in Pustertal-Val Pusteria
Pustertal-Val Pusteria is a true paradise for cycling and mountain biking. Hotel Markushof is directly situated (100 m away) on the Val Pusteria – Drau cycle path that crosses the border and on the long-distance track “Munich- Venice” that crosses the Alps. There are around 500 km of cycle paths around your holiday village of Valdaora at the foot of Plan de Corones. There are also some challenging mountain tours for true sport cyclists and mountain bikers. Altogether, this makes a dense network of cycle paths, which is unparalleled in its diversity and scenic beauty, for an unforgettable Dolomites summer holiday!
In our Hotel you will find an e-bike charging station.
Downhill & Freeride
Right on our doorstep on Kronplatz-Plan de Corones, there are also four downhill / freeride routes covering descent runs with a total altitude gain of 3295 m. They can easily be reached on large, comfortable gondolas.
Bikes can be hired from Hotel Markushof and from bike hire stations in the area and locally in Olang-Valdaora. The railway connection with bike transport along the Valdaora – Brunico route makes cycling in Val Pusteria perfect! You can find more information on www.papinsport.com.
Relax and enjoy your Dolomites summer holidays at Hotel Markushof
As a guest of Hotel Markushof you benefit from its scenic location even when you are not hiking. The view from the hotel stretches across lush meadows and fields to panoramic mountains. This unobstructed view across the untouched beauty of the natural surroundings combined with the clean, fresh air are balm for body and soul.
Not only can you relax on our inviting sun terrace, but you will also find spacious lawns decked with comfortable sun loungers. Groups of trees all around offer you the choice between full sun and shade / semi shade. Guests can also take advantage of the extensive range of massages and pampering programmes at Hotel Markushof!
The Olang-Valdaora Holiday Pass: more for free!
Guests staying with us can also take advantage of the free Holiday Pass which allows you to use all public transport in South Tyrol for free. Many free services are included – here are a few examples:
- guided cycling and mountain tours with the Valdaora Tourism Association
- Nordic walking introductory course
- herbal hikes
- bike shuttle tour
- bread baking course
- Local guided tours are also available
and much more…
With Valdaora Holiday Pass you also get many discounts and exclusive advantages:
- free ride with the cable cars to Renon, Maranza, San Genesio, Meltina e Verano
- free ride with the Renon tram and the funicular railway to the Mendola pass
- 30% reduction for adults to the night guided tour at Taufers Castle (July and August every Tuesday and Thursday at 9 p.m)
- 20% reduction for the entry to the Museum Mansio Sebatum (St. Lorenzen)
- 10% reduction on ascent and descent to Plan de Corones with the Valdaora cable car (2,275m)
- 10% on bike hire and bike shuttle at the Rent and Go shop (Valdaora)
- 10% for single entry Skyscraper (giant swing) on the summit of Plan de Corones
- 10% for single entry high ropes course Kronaction (Issengo)
- 10% reduction on rafting and canyoning (DolomitActive)
- 10% reduction for summer hike program Speikboden
- 5% at the 3D archery trail in Valdaora di Sopra with 28 target objects, as well as for the Tubing Park
- - € 5,00 ZipLine (St. Vigil)
- Spielgolf Monguelfo with reduction on the entry price (on Monday): adults €2,00; children till 14 years € 2,10 - from 4 people 1 child free